Games and Gameplay - How do I Take a Screenshot?
YumYumCheerios July 23, 2010
To take an in-game screenshot:
- Click on the Menu button, located on the lower left corner
- Click Screenshot, alternatively, you can skip the first step, and click PrntScn (Print Screen) on your keyboard.
If doing this for the first time, a pop-up window will appear, informing you that you've taken a screenshot and where to find it. At the lower right, is the option to never have that message displayed again.
To take a screenshot of the website:
- Set up your shot and press these keys: Ctrl + PrintScreen (sometimes PrntScn). This is usually located at the very top of the keyboard, sometimes in very small print. On some Windows systems you can hold down the key that has the the Windows logo on it, and press the S key. Either one of these should copy the image.
- Paste the picture into a picture program like MS Paint or paint.net by using Ctrl + V or right clicking and selecting "Paste" to a new file.
For Macs, there are several keyboard combinations available when taking a screenshot. The following are two of the more common methods.
- Press command-shift-3: Takes a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Press command-shift-4: Lets you select a part of the screen.
To take a screenshot using an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad, simultaneously hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons, then release them together. (Note: For iOS 7, you may need to press the Sleep/Wake button slightly before the Home button)
Note: If sending an image to Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, save the file as a .png or .jpg format and attach it to your email.