Roblox is powered by our community of creators. Together with you, we are on a mission to power the imagination of people around the world. As you and we continue to push the boundaries of user-generated creation and play, we want to give you the tools to help showcase your passion and creativity off the platform. As such, we put together the following guidelines and rules around using the Roblox name and logo outside of the platform.
- Digital extensions/plugins for use with Roblox. Such as those available at the Chrome Web Store.
- Complementary apps. These are software applications that (a) explain or facilitate the use or enjoyment of Roblox and (b) are “true fan” types of applications (e.g., apps that test your knowledge of the history of Roblox).
- Fan sites. Such as websites, blogs, Twitter feeds, Twitch, YouTube pages, and other social media, videos and streams used by devotees of Roblox to discuss and encourage use of Roblox in a manner that also respects the Roblox community.
- Hand-crafted products for personal use.
- Advertisements: Any paid advertisements that use our Roblox name or any of our trademarks (including our “Tilted-O” logo) are generally not allowed and must first be approved by us in writing. To seek our approval, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we determine to approve an advertisement using our name or logo, we also reserve the right to approve through what channels and media the advertisement may be distributed and any other conditions that we may determine.
- Press Releases: Any press releases that you distribute or cause to be distributed through media or news services that announce or imply any business partnership, affiliation or other official association with Roblox must first be approved by us in writing (and our right to approve a press release, including the timing of when an approved press release may appear, is in our sole discretion). Approval requests for proposed press releases should be sent to: email@example.com. We will generally respond to requests within 3-5 business days.
- The Name “Roblox”. Subject to the rules and restrictions related to advertisements and press releases you can use the name “Roblox” to promote you or your game(s) as long as the use doesn’t confuse consumers or as the name of an app or any kind of merchandise or product. In other words, you can refer to “Roblox” as the name of our platform, and you can use the name to show your interest in or affection for our platform.
- The Logo “Roblox”. You may not use the logo "Roblox" in the name or title of any item or product of any kind. Subject to these rules and guidelines, you are only allowed to use the logo design that is available at the following link. We may alter the form of this design from time to time. You are allowed to re-size the logo as long as you do not modify the proportions. But otherwise, you cannot modify the logo design in any way and must abide by the Logo Guidelines.
- Additional Rules that Must be Followed.
- The use must follow the Logo Guidelines, Community Guidelines for Players and the Community Guidelines for Devs, cannot be associated with anything that is a knockoff, violates the rights of others, creates brand confusion, has harmful or objectionable aspects or does not comply with applicable laws or any of our guidelines, terms or rules. We reserve the right to decide (in our sole discretion) whether the use is acceptable.
- You may not use our name or logo in any manner that is likely to have an adverse effect on our company’s reputation (as we may determine in our sole discretion). You may not use our name or logo in any way that suggests that you are affiliated with our company or in any way that suggests that our company sponsors or endorses your usage.
- These guidelines provide a permission to you to use our trademarks only in the ways described above. We may withdraw or change this permission at any time for any reason.
Following are some examples to help you understand these guidelines. Those that have (✓) are permitted while those with (✕) are not permitted.
✓ Tool that helps you revert old places on Roblox
✕ Tool that bypasses a Roblox filter
✓ Advertisement that promotes or features you or your game that does not use our name or logo
✕ An advertisement not approved by us that includes the name Roblox or any of our logos
✓ App that tests whether you are a Roblox super fan
✕ App that provides free Robux
✕ App that has Roblox in the title
✓ Talking to the press about your game
✓ Promoting your game on social media and stating that it is available on Roblox
✕ Issuing a press release without our approval that says you or your company have entered into an official partnership with the company
✓ Cool Roblox hat (created for yourself)
✕ Roblox hat with logo (sold on Amazon)
Videos and streams
✓ Best Roblox games – YouTube
✕ How to steal Robux – YouTube
✓ A book about Roblox that clearly states it is “Unofficial” (with no affiliation with Roblox) such as the “Unofficial Guide to Building Games on Roblox”
✕ A book that implies or states it is an official Roblox book such as the “Official Roblox Guide to Great Games”
✓ A toy using content from your game that does not mention Roblox or use the Roblox logo.
✕ A toy where the package contains the Roblox logo.
Last Updated: October 30, 2020