Our vision is that Roblox is a platform for all ages with safety and civility at its foundation. Building on that vision, we are expanding our Experience Guidelines to allow creators who are the age of 17 and up to create content exclusively for older audiences on Roblox. Both creators that develop this content and people who engage with it will have to be 17 or older and ID-verified to access this new category. Such content will remain inaccessible to those who are under 17 or not ID-verified.
These Standards apply to the 17+ Experiences you create on Roblox except where restricted by local law or regulation. We ask that you respect our Standards and each other at all times — and understand that violating them may result in enforcement action against your account(s) and content. All experiences rated All Ages, 9+, and 13+, as well as all assets submitted to us for moderation, must still adhere to Roblox’s core Community Standards. User behavior (including text and voice chat) must also adhere to Roblox’s core Community Standards, with the exception of the use of Strong Language which is allowed in user communications in 17+ experiences which have Strong Language enabled for user communications. All public-facing information of 17+ experiences must be appropriate for all ages (including experience details pages, thumbnails, and videos).
We’re always learning, so as our community evolves and our platform grows, these Standards may change too. When they do, we’ll let you know here. If you see something that you think violates Roblox’s 17+ Standards, or otherwise makes you feel unsafe, please let us know by using the Report Abuse feature.
We appreciate your cooperation with these Standards and commitment to keeping Roblox safe and civil.
Violent Content and Gore
- Animal abuse and torture
- Real-world depictions of extreme gore, graphic violence, or death
- The depiction, support, or glorification of war crimes or human rights violations, including torture
- The depiction, support, or glorification of real-world mass shootings and/or terrorism
Romantic and Sexual Content
- Romantic or flirtatious gestures or communication between users in a romantic context
- Pursuing or soliciting romantic relationships online
- Engaging in unwanted flirtatious behavior
- Engaging in sexually explicit conversations or soliciting sexual material from other Robloxians
- Content that depicts, strongly suggests, or explicitly describes sexual acts
- Sexually suggestive avatar clothing items
- Illegal and regulated drugs, including marijuana and the misuse of prescription or over-the-counter drugs, and the depiction of intoxication as a result of these substances
- Drug, tobacco, vaping, or other smoking paraphernalia
- Dietary supplements and enhancers such as weight loss pills and steroids
- Slurs or hate speech
- Strong Language used in a sexual context