- Definitions. Any capitalized word not defined herein takes the meaning as defined in the Roblox Terms and the Roblox Dictionary.
- Offering UGC Subscriptions. Developers may only create and offer UGC Subscriptions using dedicated Roblox tools. Developers can learn more here about how to create and offer UGC Subscriptions.
Subscription Feature. A UGC Subscription must provide an ongoing value, benefit, or subscription feature to the User (collectively, “Subscription Features”). Subscription Features may include:
- Access to additional or new levels within the Experience
- Access to Episodic Content
- Access to Special Features within the Experience
- In-Experience Currency Packages
- Subscription Periods. UGC Subscriptions will be offered on a recurring basis (each, a “Subscription Period”). Subscription Periods will automatically renew until a User cancels the UGC Subscription. Roblox, in its sole discretion, shall determine the duration of each Subscription Period that may be offered by a Developer.
- Cancellation Policy. A User may cancel their UGC Subscription at any time via the Subscriptions tab in the account settings page (“Cancellation Policy”). If a User cancels their UGC Subscription prior to the automatic renewal, a User must be permitted to enjoy the Subscription Features attached to the UGC Subscription until the end of the original Subscription Period.
- Real Currency. Developers may only offer UGC Subscriptions for purchase by Users with real-world currency. Developers may not offer UGC Subscriptions for purchase in any other denomination (including Robux or In-Experience Currency).
Requirements and Prohibitions.
- Disclosure of Terms. All terms regarding the UGC Subscription (including the Subscription Feature, the Subscription Period, the Cancellation Policy and the Cost) will be clearly and conspicuously presented to the User through the Roblox buy flow at the time the UGC Subscription is offered for purchase (“Terms”). Developers will be responsible for providing a description of the Subscription Features offered through their Subscription as well as the Cost to the User. Any information provided by Developers in connection with the Subscription must be truthful and accurate. Any attempt to mislead a User about the benefits offered by the Subscription or the Cost thereof, will be considered a violation of the UGC Subscription TOU and the Roblox Terms.
- No Removal of Subscription Features. Once a UGC Subscription has been created and offered for sale, a Developer may not alter the Terms of the Subscription so as to reduce the Subscription Features or original benefits provided to the User. Further, a Developer may not remove or interfere with a User’s access to a Subscription Feature offered through a UGC Subscription while a Subscription Period is still active.
- Notice to Users. In the event a Developer opts to discontinue the offering of any UGC Subscription, such change should be clearly and conspicuously communicated (e.g., via Experience home page or In-Experience user interface) to any User who purchased the UGC Subscription, at least 14 days before the UGC Subscription offering is discontinued.
- No Additional Tasks. A User who has purchased a UGC Subscription must not be required to perform any additional tasks, such as posting on social media, uploading contacts, checking in to the Experience a certain number of times, etc., to be eligible to receive Subscription Features.
- No Interference With Roblox Modals. Developers may not alter, interfere with, or in any way change the UGC Subscription tool (including the underlying code) (“Roblox Modal”) that allows for the offering of UGC Subscriptions.
- Violations. Roblox, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to monitor Developer’s participation in the UGC Subscription service and adherence to these UGC Subscription TOU. Developers acknowledge and understand that any violations of these UGC Subscription TOU may result in moderation action against the Developer, any associated Experience(s), or the Developer’s access to offer UGC Subscriptions.
- Roblox Terms. These UGC Subscription TOU are supplemental to Roblox User Terms. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between these UGC Subscription TOU and Roblox User Terms, these UGC Subscription TOU will prevail.