For Windows Users:
If a simple reboot does not work to fix your problems, please follow the instructions below to re-install the ROBLOX software.
Reset Internet Options for Windows
A great place to start is to reset your Internet Options just in case something has caused them to get out of sync with ROBLOX. This has been shown to solve many ROBLOX and ROBLOX Studio issues on its own and may ultimately be all you need to do. Please keep in mind that these steps will need to use Internet Explorer, but will fix many problems even for players that use other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox. Please try the following :
- Open Internet Explorer
- Open the gear icon > Internet options
- Open the Advanced tab
- Click the reset button
After resetting, please close the Internet Explorer to allow the changes to take effect. After this has been completed, you should be able to go back to using your web browser of choice.
To re-install ROBLOX
If resetting your Internet Options did not help on its own, go to www.roblox.com/install and click the Install ROBLOX button. In most instances, Re-installing will overwrite the copy of the program on your computer, and replace any deleted or broken files. As a result, you usually should not need to uninstall the program before re-installing it. However, should the below options not work on their own then uninstalling may prove helpful. The following article should be able to assist you with that :
- How to Uninstall ROBLOX
- Please be sure to restart your computer after uninstalling before re-installing.
Make sure ALL other programs are closed when performing the re-install. If you're having problems re-installing, please try the following suggestions.
Clear your Temporary Internet Files
This is very important, in case the Roblox.exe installer program did not download correctly. The following links will help you to remove the temporary internet files (also referred to as "cache") for the major PC web browsers. Please be sure to do this for Internet Explorer as well as any other browser you wish to launch ROBLOX from.
- Internet Explorer (From Microsoft.com)
- Mozilla Firefox (From Mozilla.com)
- Google Chrome (From Google.com)
- Other browsers: If you are using a different browser or an older version of a browser, please google search for information about how to delete its cache/browser data/temporary internet files for your specific browser/version.
If you would like to delete your Internet Explorer/Windows Temporary Internet Files manually, you may do this by going directly to the Temporary Internet Files folder on your hard drive. The location depends on the version of Windows and whether or not you are using user profiles.
For Windows 8, 7 and Windows Vista:
If you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista then Temporary Internet Files are in these locations (note that they can be on another drive instead of drive C):
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\
Please note that you will have to change the settings of Windows Explorer to show all kinds of files (including the protected system files) in order to access these folders.
For Windows XP:
If you have Windows XP then Temporary Internet Files are in this location:
- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
Note: that on your PC they can be on other drive instead of drive C.
If you have only one user account on Windows XP then replace <username> with Administrator to get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder.
Repeat the above re-installation instructions.
Change your Firewall / Security Program Settings
A lot of antivirus or internet security software tries to control which programs can access the internet. Often, these programs err on the side of caution and by default no program is allowed access. The easiest thing to try is just turning your internet firewall software off - but if you would prefer not to do that, follow these steps to safely allow ROBLOX to access the internet:
- Find your firewall program's control panel. Often you can find this in the taskbar in the lower right hand corner of your desktop. Otherwise, it is probably in your Windows Control Panel. It's very common to find the control panel in your taskbar. Make sure to check down there.
- Find the program permissions section.
- Find ROBLOX and allow it unrestricted access to the internet.
For specific help, please consult your program's help manual, or read the following if you have Norton Anti-Virus: Norton Firewall and Anti-Virus
Repeat the re-installation steps after you have reconfigured your firewall.
For Mac Users:
Make sure you are completely closed out of the ROBLOX program
- Go to Finder > Applications
- Drag the ROBLOX icon into the trash; the icon in finder contains all of the ROBLOX files that have been installed
Go to www.roblox.com and click on Play
- Go to Finder > Today and click on ROBLOX.dmg - this should run the installer for you and place the ROBLOX icon in your Apps
- Select it from your Apps and it should go to your tray