If Roblox is unable to run or provides a prompt to download Roblox, even though it's already installed. You should check if the Roblox plug-in is allowed in your preferred browser along with Internet Explorer, as Roblox relies on Internet Explorer for some of its functions. To check, perform the following:
Note: Microsoft Edge does not support plugins
- Click the gear icon, located in the upper-right corner
- Click 'Manage Add-ons'
- In the pop-up window, located to the left under 'Show', click on the pull-down menu
- Select 'All Add-ons'
- On right-side of the pop-up window, move the scroll-bar to the bottom
- Under Roblox Corporation, make sure 'Launcher Class' is enabled
- Click the menu button in the top right of your Firefox window
- In the menu, click the Add-ons button
- In the window that appears, click Plugins
- Find "Roblox Launcher Plugin", and select "Always Allow" in its dropdown menu on the right
- Close the Add-ons Manager tab and launch a Roblox Game
- In the address bar, enter: chrome://plugins/
- Click 'Enter'
- Where it lists 'Roblox Launcher Plugin', make sure it is allowed
Note: As of version 42, Chrome no longer supports plugins. These steps will only work in older versions of Chrome.
- Open Safari and click the gear icon in the upper-right corner
- Click on Preferences, then the Security tab