You may sometimes forget your password and not be able to login to your account. This article will walk you through the steps to reset a forgotten Roblox account password.
How to Reset your Password
Follow these steps to reset your password.
- Click the Forgot your username/password? link on the Login page.
- The page should default to the Forgot My Password tab, but if not you will need to select it.
- Enter your email address in the Email box and press the blue Submit button.
Note: Please make sure to type your email address exactly as you entered it on your account. For example, if your address is "firstname.lastname@example.org" and on the Roblox account it is "email@example.com" without the period in the middle, you will need to type it exactly as it is on the Roblox account.
- This will send a message to the provided email address with a temporary link that will allow you to reset your password. When you receive the email, press the Reset Password button.
- If you have only one account that uses the email address, this will open the page where you may enter your new password. If you have more than one account that uses the email address, you will be redirected to a page that lists all of your accounts. Select the account who's password you want to reset, and you will be taken to the page where you may enter your new password.
- Enter and confirm your new password, then press the blue Submit button.
If, after a few minutes, the email doesn't seem to arrive, please be sure to check your junk/spam folders.
If you know your password is correct, and you're experiencing problems logging in, please try the steps mentioned in this article.
Still having trouble?
If you're still having problems, please contact Customer Service describing your login issue in detail. If necessary, we may be able to reset the account for you. All players must be able to verify ownership of an account before it can be reset or any information changed. If you are not currently a Builders Club member and did not provide a valid email address when you created your account, we may not be able to verify ownership or reset the account.
Enable 2-Step Verification (2SV)
Please be sure to enable 2-Step Verification as an added security measure for your account. This feature can be found in your Account Settings Security tab. For more information, please see our FAQ article with all the details of this great security feature.