If you can't remember your password, you will need to reset it and create a new one. If you are resetting the password via a mobile device, you will be prompted to enter a phone number by default, but you can change to email if you prefer.
Reset using email
- Select Forgot your username/password? on the Login page.
- Enter your email address in the Email box exactly as it is on the Roblox account and press the Submit button.
For example, if your address is "firstname.lastname@example.org" and on the Roblox account it is "email@example.com" without the period, you will need to type it without the period.
- Press the Reset Password button or click the link in the email.
- If you have only one account this will open a page to enter your new password.
- If you have more than one account you will go to a page listing all of your accounts. Select the account you want to reset.
- Enter and confirm your new password, then press the Submit button.
If you do not receive the reset password email, make sure to check your spam/junk folder. Please also check that "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "@appmail.roblox.com" are in your contacts list so they are not blocked.
Reset using a phone number
If you do not have a phone number attached to your account, you will need to click the "Use email to Reset Password" link near the bottom of the screen to reset your password via email.
- Select Forgot your username/password? on the Login page
- Select Use phone number to reset password
- Select your country prefix
- Enter your phone number in the Phone Number box and press the Submit button
- Select verify and complete the process. This will send a 6-digit number to your phone.
- Enter the number in the Enter Code (6-digit) box and press the Verify button
- Enter and confirm your new password and press the Submit button
Still having trouble?
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Contact Customer Support describing your login issue in detail. All players must verify ownership of an account before it can be reset or any information changed.
If you haven't already, enable 2-Step Verification (2SV) as an added security measure to keep others out of your account. This feature can be found under the Security settings tab. See our FAQ article for more details of this great security feature.