We understand that some users may wish to change their usernames from time to time. Users can re-name their account for 1,000 Robux per change.
How do I Change my Name?
To do this, please use the following steps:
- Log into your account
- Click the gear-icon, located at the upper-right corner of the page
- In the menu that pops up, select the Settings option
- On the Username line, click the icon that looks like this:
- In the pop-up window, enter your desired username and current password
- Click the green 'Buy' button
- In the second pop-up window, click Buy Now to confirm your transaction
You can now sign in with the new username and current password. A confirmation email will be sent to the current verified email on the account.
If you would like to see what usernames you have used in the past, a list of previous usernames can be found on the Account Settings and Profile pages, along with People search. To change to a previous username, use the above method, which also costs 1,000 Robux.
What Else Should I Know About Name Changes?
The following options are not available via the Name Change tool:
- You cannot use a name belonging to another account. This includes banned accounts and accounts that have been inactive or deleted.
- You cannot swap usernames with an Alt account.
- Discounts are not available for simple changes, such as making a name capitalized.
The following are important notes with Name Changes:
- Original account creation date and forum post count will carry over to your new username.
- Previous forum posts will appear under your old username and will NOT carry over to your new username.
- Current places set with the default place name will appear under the old username.
Note: Remember that usernames are subject to moderation and must meet our Roblox Community Rules.