Use of the Roblox website and the features contained within are by permission of Roblox Corporation. Permission to use our site and features may be revoked at any time for any reason by Roblox. By agreeing to the Roblox Terms and Conditions at sign up, users also agree to conduct themselves according the Roblox Rules of Conduct. Consequences for violation of any of these rules of conduct are at the sole discretion of Roblox Corporation.
The Roblox Rules of Conduct is an outline of rules for acceptable and appropriate behavior on our site. We constantly strive to make Roblox a safe and enjoyable place for everyone and your adherence to these rules will help us make and keep it so.
Not everything is in the rules!
You are expected to abide by the spirit of these rules. Everyone is expected to be a good Roblox citizen. It is not possible to list absolutely every little rule and rules lawyers who try to find loopholes to get away with bad behavior are not appreciated.
The following are basic rules for all areas of Roblox to insure that everyone has an enjoyable experience.
Use of the Roblox site means that you agree to our Terms of Service and to follow the Roblox Rules of Conduct.
In use of our services to develop games, you must adhere to the Terms of Service and the Roblox Rules of Conduct. This means that all chat and/or game text must go through Roblox's filtering system for the safety of our users and compliance with COPPA. All chat and content must also be reportable through the Report Abuse system. Any custom scripts, GUIs or other features that attempt to or go around the filtering or moderation systems will result in the associated game being suspended or completely removed.
All content must be appropriate for Roblox: excessive violence, gore and any sexual content is not permitted. If it is determined that your game is in violation it may be suspended indefinitely or completely removed from the site and the associated user account or group may be moderated up to deletion from the site.
- Do not verbally attack others by calling them names
- Do not use profanity when communicating with others
- Do not stalk, bully or intimidate others
- Do not harass others
- Do not use hate speech and/or violent language aimed at others
- Do not upload or use hateful images, symbols, programs, models or content of any kind
- Do not upload, use or create Nazi symbols and imagery of any kind
- Do not encourage hateful behavior in others
- Do not spam communication channels (forums, chat, PMs, comments, group walls, etc.) by posting off topic or irrelevant posts; by posting the same message over and over; or by forced scrolling of pages
- Do not create or use gangs, gang-slang, or promote gangs
- Do not create promotions offering prizes of any sort (including contests, raffles, lotteries, chain letters or any kind of giveaway)
You are responsible for the protection of your account and personal information.
Roblox does everything it can to protect your account from being compromised or stolen and also does not share personal information about you to others except when legally required to do so. You should guard both your account and your personal information from others as well.
- Do not ask for or give out your personal password, ever!
- Roblox Employees will never ask for your password so don’t be fooled by imposters
- Do not ask for passwords from others, ever!
- Do not ask for or give out personal information about you or anyone else you know on the website or in Real Life
- Do not share your email address, phone number, real name, home address or other personal information with others, ever!
- Do not ask for email addresses, phone numbers, real names home addresses or other personal information of others!
- Do not publish information about others that could identify them to others in any media form (e.g. Text, image, video or audio)
- Do not transfer, sell or trade your account to another, ever.
Roblox is a place to come, build, hang out and enjoy. Adult rated content or subject matter is not permitted.
- Do not create or upload any images, videos, audio files or other content, discuss topics or use language that is sexually explicit or pornographic
- Do not create or upload images, videos, audio files or other content, discuss topics or use language that a reasonable person would consider to be of a mature nature and not appropriate for Roblox audiences – Including Drugs, alcohol and tobacco
- Online dating is not permitted. Roblox is not a dating site.
- Do not upload or use content that is owned and/or has a copyright, patent or trademark without permission of the owner
- You warrant that you have permission to use any content or materials belonging to another person when it is uploaded to our site
- Roblox will remove without notice any content that violates another’s Intellectual Property Rights upon request of the rightful owner
- Do not use Roblox for illegal purposes or activities
- Gambling or Casino style games that involve real money are not permitted on Roblox. This includes using Robux or in-game currency that can be purchased for Robux
- Gambling/Casino style games and games of chance cannot be disproprotionaly skewed in the game/developer's favor to cause players to unfairly lose.
- Do not create, role play or upload content that promotes or uses illegal activities, use of drugs or alcohol, adult activities or pornography
- Do not create or upload content that describes or instructs how to make bombs, weapons, or drugs; or solicits behavior that is violent or violates applicable laws, or promotes terrorism in any way
- Do not create or share any content that facilitates or promotes identity theft
- Do not share links or directions to other websites that are not approved by Roblox
- Phishing sites often offer “Too good to be true” giveaways or free Robux – don’t be fooled. Do not visit them and do not repost the links!
- Do not share or create any content that facilitates, promotes, or contains references to viruses or malware.
Cheating and Exploiting
- Cheating of any kind on Roblox is prohibited
- Do not exploit game bugs, vulnerabilities or glitches – report bugs and glitches!
- Do not use Exploits and cheats for any purpose
- Do not use the systems and features on Roblox for anything other than their intended use
- Do not “hack” any Roblox system
- Do not cheat in games or use 3rd party cheat programs on Roblox
- Do not promote or encourage cheating or exploiting by others
- Do not discuss or share methods to exploit or hack in any public forum or place
- If you see discussions about or encounter methods for exploiting or hacking report them via a report link, by sending a PM to a staff member or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not impersonate, defame or libel others including;
- Other Roblox Users
- Roblox employees
- Roblox moderators and agents
- And other staff
- Do not impersonate Police or other official government agencies
- Roblox features, accounts and currency are intended for use on the Roblox site ONLY
- Do not trade, lend or sell your account to others. Accounts are for the use of the original registrant
- As the owner of an account you are responsible for any activities that account is involved in and you may be held accountable for the actions of others if you have lent, sold or traded the account.
- Do not sell or trade Roblox currency and digital goods outside of the channels provided to our users on our site.
- Roblox will not guarantee nor refund users for trades made outside of the trading and selling systems Roblox provides it users.
- Do not sell or advertise your images, models or other digital items for real currency on our website or on other sites such as E-Bay
- Do not sell or advertise Roblox currency or digital items on other sites such as E-Bay
- Roblox does not permit sales or purchases of Currency or Digital Items off the website except in the case of Roblox game cards purchased from authorized vendors.
- Do not use credit cards, game cards, codes or other forms of payment without authorized permission of the owner
- Do not access or attempt to access any accounts that are not your own.
There are many places around Roblox to make posts or otherwise communicate with your fellow players. All of the below rules apply to any area of the website where you are able to post content except where a specific area is directly mentioned. This includes, but is not limited to, the forums, titles of items/games/groups, descriptions of items/games/groups, user blurbs, status updates, comments, chat, etc.
- Do not post about any subjects or topics that are not permitted under the general rules as well as specifically the following:
- Hate Speech
- Gender bias
- Looking for Dates or dating partners
- Alcohol or drugs
- Gangs and gang violence
- Disasters, massacres and other shocking real-world news – Roblox will decide if an event is or is not acceptable content on a case by case basis
- Nazism or Neo Nazism
- Mature content
- Do not post profanity in any form
- The filter blocks most profanity, but misspellings and disguising bad language in order to bypass the language filters is also not permitted
- Do not post flame bait or other content intended to create flame wars
- You are welcome to your opinions and to disagree with one another but do not attack (flame) or insult others for any reason
- If you are a member of a religious or political group, Roblox is not the place to attack or attempt to convert others with different views
- Do not post personal attacks
- You are welcome to have opinions about others, but you are not permitted to say negative things about others. This includes calling others hackers, scammers, cheats or other names
- Calling out others for bad behavior of any kind is not permitted
- Use the abuse report system to notify the moderators; posting a link to their profile is the same as naming their name – don’t do it!
- Do not post offsite links
- An offsite link is any URL that goes to a site outside of Roblox.com, including Roblox fan sites.
- Exceptions to this rule are Twitch.tv, YouTube and Twitter links which are not shortened by t.co. However, if you are posting in the forum, be sure that you are posting those in the appropriate area and that they are not off topic
- For the safety of our users, we allow only certain websites to be linked to from Roblox
Exception: Site links that allowed to be posted on Roblox
- *.roblox.com/ (anything that ends in .roblox.com is allowed)
- Youtu.be/ (YouTube's URL shortened)
- (t.co/ (Twitter's URL shortened) is NOT allowed, as it can be used to mask non-Twitter URLs.)
- An offsite link is any URL that goes to a site outside of Roblox.com, including Roblox fan sites.
- Do not post about your suspensions, warnings or other moderation actions against any of your or others’ accounts.
- Talking about your or others’ moderations actions on the forums is not allowed.
- Do not post Unofficial Trades
- The official way to trade is to use the Roblox Trade System for item trades (Found by clicking on “Trade” on the tool bar). No other method of trading is permitted
- Trading outside of these systems may leave you with little or no recourse should the trade prove inequitable or fraudulent
- Trading accounts, selling BC, groups or Robux to each other are not allowed
- Do not post raffles or contests
- We do not allow user-run raffles or contests because it's very common that the prizes are never delivered. User-run contests and raffles are often scams to get people to come to a place. Don't do it!
- Do not post spam in any form
- Spam comes in many forms. The most common are:
- Saying the same thing over and over
- Saying something incomprehensible or just way off topic for the forum
- Posting something in order to force others to scroll the page (called scrolling or page stretching)
- Do not Post In the wrong forum
- Each forum has a topic explained in its description
- If you are not certain which forum you should post in, PM a mod and ask
- Posts in the wrong forum may be moved or deleted without warning
- Repeat posts may be flagged as spam
- Do not re-post staff-deleted posts
- A staff member deleted what was posted for a reason. Re-posting it will probably get it deleted again and increase the chance you will receive consequences
- If your post was in a forum thread, you should review the forum's rules, PM a mod or email email@example.com and ask why your thread was deleted so you can better understand the rules
- Do not post in bad forum threads
- When you see a bad thread, just report it
- Posting in the thread just bumps it and associates your name with the bad content. Additionally, it could get you moderated. Even if your post title and body are OK, you can still get in trouble for posting in a bad thread. Just don’t do it!
- Do not post forum sigs that are larger than 1 line
- Your signature line (sig) is to be 1 line tall at the most.
- The reason we want it so short is because so many posts are only 1 line, and it’s weird to have a 1 line post and a giant sig
- Do not post about raids on other sites or forums
- Raiding other sites or Roblox forums is not allowed. It’s just plain uncivilized
- Don’t be rude
- Rudeness is not welcome. Examples of what not to post, “Get out”, “dumb idea”, “no support”, “no, just no”. Those are all rude and not at all helpful
Forums and message boards are covered by the same general rules as all areas of the Roblox site. In addition to general behavior rules above, forums and message boards have some more specific rules that apply only to those areas.
All of the rules in the sections above apply to ALL the Roblox forums. In addition, each forum may have its own specific rules posted within it. Any post that breaks any rule may be removed and the poster may susceptible to consequences.
Roblox monitors user uploads of content and text (chat, forums and other postings) on its website and in the games on its site.
- Some violations are blocked automatically through the use of filters and other detection systems
- Any consequences applied to violators are at the sole discretion of Roblox and may range in severity from a warning to account deletion
- Violations are dealt with in a manner that reflects the severity of the violation and the threat to the Roblox community
- Roblox does hear appeals for moderation consequences on a case by case basis, but reserves the right to act on the matter in the way that it deems appropriate
- If you would like appeal a moderation, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be heard
- As in all areas of the Roblox Site, you must listen to Roblox Staff and heed what they say. Warnings to stop a certain behavior, whether it’s in a forum post, PM, in-game or a suspension message, are serious
- Roblox Staff are exempt from some of the rules we have for users. For example Staff can post offsite links because their posts are reviewed by the management for appropriateness