The joy of Roblox can also be experienced on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices! You can download our app for free on your iOS device by finding it on the App Store or by clicking here.
The following information will help describe the interface as seen on iPhones and iPads.
Movement in games is controlled by two buttons in the lower corners. To move, drag the "joystick" in the lower left corner. To jump, tap the player icon in the lower right corner.
Attacking is performed by simply tapping the screen in the location you wish to attack. To select a different weapon (if available), tap on that weapon's icon. If your inventory bar is full, you can find and select other gear that you own that are also allowed by the game's restrictions by opening your backpack. This is done by tapping the backpack icon in the upper left of the screen. You can then drag an item into a slot on the inventory bar. To close your backpack, tap the backpack icon again.
For assistance with chatting inside of games click here.
Note: The option to record in-game is not available via the Mobile App.
The Top Bar
This bar will be at the top of the screen in most sections, though the options available can vary depending on the section you are currently in.
- Search: Represented by the icon, this option will display on the Home and Games screens. On the Home screen it allows you to search for other users. On the Games screen it allows you to search games.
- Buy Robux: Represented by the icon, this option is always displayed. Tapping on it will show you your current Robux balance and allow you to purchase more. For assistance with purchasing, click here.
- Notifications: Represented by the icon, this option will show you your current stream of notifications. There is a settings option to edit whether you want it to show your friend requests or private messages. You can also edit your Mobile Push notification options here.
The Navigation Bar
This bar appears at the bottom of your screen and is accessible at all times except when playing games. Its contents are as follows:
- Home: This is what displays when you first log in. Here you will have quick access to your friends, your recently played games, games you have favorited, your friends' activity, links to the most recent blog posts, and your friend feed.
- Games: There you can search for games to play. For more information on how to do this, click here.
- Catalog: (iPad Only) Displays the Catalog for finding and purchasing items. For assistance with this, click here.
- Avatar: Here, you can customize your avatar through: R6/R15, Clothing, Body, and Animations.
- Friends: This section will list all of the players you are currently friends with. You can go straight to their profile by tapping their name. For details on sending or accepting friend requests, click here.
- Chat: Here you can read and reply to any chats you have open with your friends.
- More: This will bring you a variety of different options, see below.
The More Menu
After tapping on the More button in the Navigation Bar, you will be given several more options. These are:
- Catalog: Displays the Catalog for finding and purchasing items. For assistance with this, click here.
- Builders Club: This opens a pop up window listing all the options and benefits of the levels of our Builders Club: Builders Club, Turbo Builders Club, and Outrageous Builders Club.
- Profile: This will load your profile as it appears on a desktop/laptop computer.
- Avatar: (iPad only) This page will allow you to dress your avatar just as you would on a laptop/desktop computer. For assistance with this, please click here.
- Friends: This will show your current list of friends, following, followers and requests. You can accept your friend requests here. For more information on this process, click here.
- Groups: Here you can view and participate in your groups. For more details, click here.
- Inventory: Here you can see all of the items you have purchased. For more information on this section, including how to have your avatar wear an item, click here.
- Messages: This is your Messages section. Here you can read and reply to any messages you have been sent. For assistance with doing so, click here.
- Events: This will list any special events that are currently going on such as holiday or cross promotional games.
- Blog: This is a shortcut to the Roblox blog.
- Settings: This section will allow you to change your password or the email address associated with your account. This is also the section that lets you log out of Roblox.
- About: (iPhone only) This will provide you the following options: About us, Careers, Parents, Terms, and Privacy.
- Trade: (iPad only) By tapping this, you can view all of your Robux purchases and sales, account summary, current and completed item trades and participate in the Roblox promotion program.
- Help: This is a shortcut to the Roblox help section.
- Log Out: (iPhone only) Option to sign out of your account.