If your avatar starts to need a change in style and you wish to dress it up with the clothes and gear you picked up in the Catalog, we can help! To get started, click Avatar, located on the navigation menu on the left of the page. If this menu is not visible, then click the icon that looks like three stacked lines in the upper-left corner of the site to reopen it.
To Add an Item
- On the Avatar Editor page, click on any of the available pull-down menus, and select a category (e.g. hat, hair, face, etc.)
- If you have multiple items for a given part (e.g. hats!), scroll down until the desired item is located.
- Once chosen, click on the item-icon which will highlight it in green.
If you would like to add more than the soft-limit (e.g. more than three hats) of a given item, click "Advanced" in the lower-right corner. You can add up to 10 items by inputting the Asset ID which is found in the item link. See example below:
- (https://www.roblox.com/catalog/62234425/Brown-Hair <- The numbers in the link are the Asset ID)
Note: As Roblox Hats are designed around the base Head shape, please remember that not all Heads and Hats will fit each other perfectly, but players can still use them to create funky and unique looks.
To Remove an Item
- On the Avatar Editor page, click on "Recent", or select the applicable category (e.g. hat, hair, face, etc.)
- Under the Recent pull-down menu, currently worn items should be among the first listed. If instead selecting the applicable category, scroll down until you find what you would like to remove.
- Click on the green highlighted item-icon.
If you have added or removed an item and your avatar is not correctly displaying it, click the "Redraw" link underneath your avatar's picture.
To Change Skin Color
While changing your items/clothes is certainly fun, sometimes you may wish to change the very color of your avatar's skin. If this is the case, then we can help! The following steps will assist you with changing your avatar's skin color through the Roblox website.
- Log into your Roblox account on roblox.com.
- Navigate to your account's Avatar section on the left of the page.
- On this page, move your cursor over the "Body" pull-down menu, and select "Skin Tone".
- From here, click on a color to change the look of your entire avatar.
- If you want a different color for individual body parts, click "Advanced" in the lower-right corner.
- From here, click on a body part (head, torso, left leg, etc.) and then select the desired color.
For more information on account and avatar customization, please see the following links: