You can use thumbnail and icon features to help your places/games get noticed and stand out.
What are thumbnails?
Thumbnails are images used to represent your game on its details page and can be used to help it stand out while also showing new players what they can expect when they click Play. Games can have up to 5 thumbnails. Each of these can be an image or a video. A default thumbnail will be added when the game is published, but you may update it later if you would like.
How do you add new thumbnails or videos?
Your first thumbnail is a default image that will be automatically added for free. You are, however, able to add new custom thumbnails for 10 Robux or YouTube videos for 500 Robux. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Create the image or video using your image or video editor of choice.
- If you are creating a video, upload it to your YouTube account.
- Click Develop located in the blue bar at the top of the screen.
- Find the place that you would like to add the gallery item to and click the gear to its right.
- Click Configure Start Place.
- In the left column of the page that displays, click Thumbnails.
- Choose if you would like to use an Image, Video, or the Auto generated Image on the right of the screen.
- If you are uploading an image, click Choose File, find and select your image file, press Open, and then press the blue Upload Image button. You will then see a pop up box confirming that you want to purchase the thumbnail. Press the green Buy Now button to complete the transaction.
- If you are linking a YouTube video, enter the URL into the box and click the blue Add Video button. You will then see a pop up box confirming that you want to purchase the video thumbnail. Press the green Buy Now button to complete the transaction.
- If you would like to use the Auto generated Image, this option is free and you will see a preview when selecting this option. Press the blue Set Thumbnail button to select this image.
Note: Images and Videos must meet Roblox Community Rules. The image or video will be temporarily unavailable while the uploaded image/video is waiting approval by our moderators. If a Thumbnail is deleted or rejected do to a violation of these rules, the Robux spent are non-refundable.
What restrictions are placed on videos (length, content..etc)?
Videos can be up to 30 seconds long. If your video is longer than that, you will receive an error message and it will not upload. For a full list of other video restrictions and acknowledgments, please click here.
What are game icons and how do you make them?
Icons are square images that represent a game in places other than its details page. This includes areas like the Games page, your profile page, favorites lists...etc. By default, a game's icon will be a cropped version of the game's standard thumbnail we mentioned in the section above. That said, you can create your own with your image editor of choice and upload it free of charge. For assistance with this process as well as some tips on how to create a compelling icon, please click here.
Note: Icon images must meet Roblox Community Rules.