Roblox offers developers many ways to make their games immersive and dynamic. One of these ways is through the use of audio, which players can add to their places as background music, narration, sound effects and more!
Note: All audio uploaded to Roblox must meet our Roblox Community Rules.
What Format Can I Upload in?
Players can upload mp3s or OGG files. Please be aware that attempting to upload in any other format runs the risk of error where the file will not function properly.
How to Upload
Uploading can easily be done through the roblox.com website. To do this:
- Log into your account on roblox.com
- Click Develop in the blue bar at the top of the screen
- Click on Audio
- Click Browse, and select an audio file
- Once selected, click Estimate Price to determine the Robux cost of your upload
- After you make your selection click Purchase for XR$ to finalize your purchase
Note: Audio uploads must be less than 7 minutes, smaller than 20.0 MB, clear and easy to understand. This means that audio cannot be sped up, slowed down, or had its volume excessively altered.
Cost of Audio Files
- 20 Robux for 0-10 seconds
- 35 Robux for 10-30 seconds
- 70 Robux for 30 seconds-2 minutes
- 350 Robux for 2-7 minutes
Once uploaded, the audio file can be further customized on the Configure page. To locate this page, click on the gear-icon located to the right of the uploaded file in the Audio tab of your Develop section.
The Configure page has the following options:
- Name: Allows you to change the audio file's name
- Description: A summary of the audio file
- Turn comments on/off: Choose whether or not this item is open for comments
- Genre: Classify your audio to help people find it
- Make Free: Choose whether or not this item is freely available to all users. If this is not checked, the audio will only be able to be used by you
Note: Names and descriptions are subject to our white/blacklist filters. For more information on these filters please click here.
There are a number of creative ways that our developers can use sound. For details on how to do this, please click here and see the section labeled 'Implementing Audio.'
For more information on gameplay and building related matters, please see the following links: