The following steps will walk you through how to take a picture of what is happening on your screen. For information on how to take screenshots in an experience on a mobile device, check out this article.
Note: If sending an image to Customer Service, save the file as a .png or .jpg format and attach it to your email.
To take an in-experience screenshot
- Click on the Menu button, located on the upper-left corner
- Click the Record tab in the menu that opens
- Click the Take Screenshot button
Alternatively, you can skip the first two steps and press the PrntScn (PrintScreen) key on your keyboard.
If doing this for the first time, a pop-up window will appear, informing you that you've taken a screenshot and where to find it. At the lower right, is the option to never have that message displayed again.
To take a screenshot of your entire screen/the website
- Set up your shot and press these keys: PrntScn (PrintScreen). This is usually located at the very top of the keyboard, sometimes in very small print. On some systems it may be necessary to hold down the Ctrl key when pressing PrntScn.
- Paste the picture into a picture program like MS Paint or paint.net by using Ctrl + V or right clicking and selecting Paste to a new file.
There are several keyboard combinations available when taking a screenshot. The following are two of the more common methods.
- Press command-shift-3: Takes a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Press command-shift-4: Lets you select a part of the screen.
To take a screenshot on mobile
For instructions on how to take a screenshot from an iDevice, please click here.
The steps for taking a screenshot can vary depending on the device and Android version. To find these steps, please do a Google search for your specific device.