At Roblox, we encourage all our players to help us maintain an environment that is both safe and fun for everyone. However, we know that sometimes players just don't get along. You may wish to keep certain users from being able to talk to you by blocking them.
Blocking another user
Block another user via browser or mobile app
- Visit the user's profile page
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the profile details section to open the drop-down menu
- Click the Block User option to block a user
Blocking users in-experience
Block another user using the Leaderboard
- Find the user in the leaderboard/player list on the upper-right of the experience screen. It will look like this:
If this list is not visible, it is likely just closed. To reopen it, click on the three dots and select Leaderboard or you can simply tap the Tab key on your keyboard.
Note: The leaderboard may not appear if you are using a small-screened device such as a phone, in which case you would need to use the profile page method outlined above.
- Click on the user you wish to block
- Click on the Block option from the drop-down menu. You can also choose to Unblock them or Report Abuse directly from this menu as well.
Once you have blocked the user, the icon to the left of their name will turn into a circle with a line through it to indicate they have been blocked
Block another user using the Esc menu
- Tap on the Esc key, and find the user you wish to block in the Esc menu under the People tab.
- Once you have found the name of the user you wish to block, Please click on the Block Button which looks like this:
- Click on the Block button in the Pop-up Dialog box to confirm.
Privacy and contact settings
Roblox also offers a variety of Privacy Settings to limit certain forms of communication and actions to particular groups of people, such as only your friends or followers. Read more in the Privacy Settings help article.