At Roblox we encourage all our players to help us maintain an environment that is both safe and fun for everyone. However, we know that sometimes players just don't get along. You may wish to keep certain users from being able to talk to you by blocking them.
Blocking another user
To block another user in the browser or mobile apps:
- Visit the user's profile page
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the box containing their username and friends/followers information
- A menu will pop up, where you can select the option to Block User
Blocking users in-game
To block another user from inside a game follow the steps below:
- Find the user in the leaderboard/player list on the upper-right of the game screen. It will look like this:
If this list is not visible, it is likely just closed. To reopen it, select your username in the upper-right corner. Note - the leaderboard may not appear if you are using a small-screened device such a phone, in which case you would need to use the profile page method outlined above.
- Once you have found the name of the user you wish to block inside of the leaderboard, select it and a menu will open up.
- Select Block User. You can also choose to Unblock them or Report Abuse directly from this menu as well. Once you have blocked the user, the icon to the left of their name will turn into a circle with a line through it to indicate they have been blocked.
Privacy and contact settings
Roblox also offers a variety of Privacy Settings to limit certain forms of communication and actions to particular groups of people, such as only your friends or followers. Read more in the Privacy Settings help article.