Yes, you can create Roblox games using Roblox Studio tools on a PC or Mac, and then play them everywhere. You can also now permit console access for your own game and the whole Roblox Games Multiverse.
How Can I Make my Game Available on Xbox?
To make your game available to be played on Xbox, please do the following on a computer:
- Navigate to your game's page
- Click the Menu button in the upper-right corner of the game's page that looks like 3 dots aligned horizontally
- Click Configure this Place in the menu that appears
- Click the Access tab on the left
- Under Playable Devices, ensure that Console is checked (as well as every other platform you would like your game to be available on)
- Review the Content Agreement dialog that appears, and click Agree if your game meets all of the specified requirements
- Scroll down and click the blue Save button at the bottom of the screen
After completing these steps, your game should be available to play on Xbox!
How Can I Play my Games With Friends?
If you want to simply play your original games with friends, you can use My Games, which is found to the far right of the Games tab. Setting up My Games is fast and simple. Any game published on the Roblox website will automatically appear on your Xbox account. Any updates published online will automatically sync with your My Games place on Xbox.
From there, playing your game on Xbox with friends is just as easy to do. The owner of the place can create an Xbox party with their Xbox friends. After that, they can jump directly into the game with everyone in the party. Being social is at the core of what Roblox is all about and we hope everyone enjoys playing their own games on Xbox and sharing the experience with friends!
How Can I Have my Game Featured?
If you think your game is ready to be highlighted on the Featured list, send an email to email@example.com with a link to the place for our consideration.
Featured games will be displayed on the Xbox One home screen, which greatly increases click-through rates. Remember all games will be tested on Xbox and held to Microsoft Xbox requirement standards, so ensure your game and GUIs are gamepad ready!
To learn more about creating Roblox games, check out the Roblox Wiki. If you want more information on implementing gamepad controls, check out the Gamepad tutorial.