If the experience creator has enabled private servers on their experience, you can use Robux to purchase a private server you can enjoy with friends you invite.
How do I create and change my server?
How do I create one?
- Click on the Servers tab on the experience's details page.
- If this feature has been turned on, you will see a section entitled Private Servers. It will display any servers that you have created or are a part of. If you see any, you can go ahead and play right away!
- To create a new one, click the Create Private Server button.
- Give your new server a name. Read the subscription agreement. Once you have read over all of the information on the box and chosen the perfect name, you can finish the purchase by clicking Buy Now.
- Once you've purchased, you will be able to configure the server right away or later.
How do I configure my server
- From the purchase notification window or by selecting Configure from the Menu button (looks like three dots) for the server on the Servers tab, you can get to the configuration page.
- You can rename the server, adjust who can play in it including up to 50 individual users or allowing your friends list, and even create a link to your server.
- You can also turn access to the server on and off as well as cancel your subscription for the server.
How do Server Subscriptions work and how much do they cost?
How do private servers subscriptions work?
- Private Server prices are set by the experience's developer.
- You will be charged when you make the purchase and again every month to keep it active. The monthly renewal fee will be taken out of your Robux balance automatically, so you don't need to worry about forgetting to renew every month.
- If you don't want your server to renew, this can be done at any time before its renewal date. To cancel your VIP server, read the How do I cancel my VIP server section below.
How do I cancel my server?
- Navigate to your server for the experience. Click the Menu button (looks like three dots) to the far right of the section.
- Click Configure.
- To cancel your monthly charge, click the green Active icon next to Subscription Status.
- Click Cancel Payments on the confirmation window for the subscription to be cancelled.
Note: You will still get to use your server for the remainder of the month that you have already paid for, but it will expire at the end of this time.
What happens if I don't have enough Robux on the renewal date?
If this happens, then the server will expire and will no longer be able to be used, but you can buy a new server at any time.
How do I make my server inactive?
- Navigate to your private server for the experience. Click the Menu button (looks like three dots) to the far right of the section.
- Click Configure.
- To temporarily make the server inactive for a period of time, click the green Active icon next to VIP Server Status.
- Click Disable on the confirmation window for the server to be deactivated.
- You can click it again to reactivate it at any time. However, it is important to keep in mind that your renewal time will not be extended for this period of inactivity and will still renew or expire on the originally scheduled date.