Enhance your Roblox experience with virtual reality! Oculus Rift, Meta Quest Pro, Meta Quest 2, Quest 2 with link, as well as HTC Vive and Valve Index on Windows PCs.
Other devices (Pico, Reverb etc.) are unofficially supported through SteamVR.
How to Enable VR
To enable your VR experience with Roblox, you'll first need to make sure you've installed Roblox and then follow the steps below:
Please ensure that your device is properly connected to your PC and VR Mode is togged to "On" within the in-experience settings (Menu>Settings>VR>On). For more details, see How to Toggle VR Mode below.
Please install and configure the VR app for your device: Oculus VR or Steam VR.
Supported devices : HTC Vive, Valve Index and others
From your computer, install and open the SteamVR app.
Enable OpenXR as the backend for SteamVR
Turn the controllers on: (To turn the controller on, press the System button until you hear a beeping sound)
(To turn the controller off, press and hold the System button until you hear a beeping sound)
The status icons on the SteamVR app and the status lights on the hardware should all be green.
To bring up the System Dashboard, press the System button on either controller.
Note: When you quit the SteamVR app, the controllers will automatically turn off. The controllers will also automatically turn off after being idle for a period of time.
Select Play on a Roblox experience: Roblox Experiences
Put on your headset and play!
Supported devices : Oculus Quest2 w. Link, Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest Pro, Oculus Rift and compatible
- Install and open the Oculus App on your computer
- Note: The Oculus drivers will not load unless your computer is equipped with a minimum of a NVidia GTX1060 graphics card or equivalent
- Confirm that your device is connected and the status is ready
- Under Settings / General in the Oculus App select OpenXR Runtime
- Select Play on a Roblox experience: Roblox Experiences
- Put on your headset and play!
If you are using Quest2 with link cable, you will have to enable link inside the headset.
To confirm that your device is connected, do the following:
- Bring up the Devices tab and find your headset
- Confirm the status is green and no errors are displayed
In case you are using Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro, you will have to do the following:
- Search for Roblox in the Quest Store and install it from there
- Make sure your Meta Quest device is up to date (Roblox requires v55 of Meta Quest software.)
- Start Roblox on your Quest device
- Sign in to your existing Roblox account* using the Quick Log In option on your computer or phone.
*Note: At this time we do not support account creation or password sign in on Meta Quest devices.
How to Toggle VR Mode
You can toggle VR Mode on or off in-experience.
Note: The engine needs to restart for this to take effect. Disabling VR mode in the user settings will prevent the engine from starting in VR.
While VR Mode is On, you can toggle it to Off by doing the following:
- Select the Menu icon to bring up In-Game Menu
- Select the Settings option
- Toggle the VR option to Off and restart
While VR Mode is Off, you can toggle it to On by doing the following:
- Bring up the System Menu by pressing ESC on your keyboard, or by clicking the hamburger menu button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen
- Toggle the VR option to On and restart
When VR Mode is Off, the System Menu should appear as the following: