Accounts have the option to add a four-digit Parental PIN to help ensure that the desired account settings are locked in place. Once a PIN is added, it will be needed to make changes to the account info, and security and privacy settings.
How do I add a PIN to an account?
- Log into your account. (If you cannot access the account, please click here)
- Click the gear-icon located at the upper-right corner of the site
- In the pop-up menu, select the Settings option
- Select Security in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- In the Account PIN section, press the toggle button
- A pop-up window will open that will require you to create and confirm the PIN, press Add once the PIN has been entered
- A pop-up window will confirm that a PIN has been added to the account
How do I remove a PIN from an account?
- Access the Account PIN section of the account settings as described above
- Press the toggle button to turn off the PIN feature
- Enter the current PIN in the pop-up window and press the Unlock button
- The account PIN will be disabled, as indicated in the Account PIN section
Which settings are protected by my PIN?
All account settings are protected by the Account PIN, which will need to be entered in order to update these settings, including:
- Account Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Privacy and Chat Settings
- Account Restrictions feature
I forgot my PIN
At this time, users and their parents/guardians will not be able to manually reset the PIN on an account if it is forgotten. Customer Service will need to assist with resetting forgotten PINs. To reach Customer Service, please use the contact form here.
Note: Customer Service may request specific information to ensure that they are speaking to the parent/guardian before a PIN is reset.
What if someone else added a PIN to my account?
If your account has been compromised and someone else has added a PIN to your account, our Customer Service Team can assist with removing the PIN. You can contact Customer Service by filling out the contact form here. For more information on compromised accounts, please also see our article My Account was Hacked - What do I do?