What is the Roblox Developer Forum?
The Roblox Developer Forum is where developers engage in technical discussions about the Roblox platform and game development. It is intended to be a vibrant community of creators: animators, artists, builders, clothing designers, composers, modelers, scripters, and UI designers. The forums serve as a community for these creators to communicate on Roblox.
The Roblox Developer Forum also has a section for public information about scripting, building, updates, and features. You will have access to the public sections of the forum until you apply and are accepted to the Developer Forum which allows you participation in more posts.
Beginning the Application Process
To apply to be a member of the Developer Forum community, please read this information and follow the instructions:
- Confirm that the email address on your Roblox account is accurate. This is where we will send the invite if you are selected.
- Proceed to the Roblox Developer Forum and click log in. (This links your account in read-only mode to the forums. You'll need to follow the remaining application steps in order to gain access to post and interact in other parts of our forums.)
Please note that users must be 13 years of age or older to login to the DevForum.
- Complete the Roblox Developer Forum application. Please click here to learn more about the application submission process.
- If your application is selected you will receive an email invitation to the community.
- If you are not selected, you will receive an email explaining why within 2 months.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any issues. Include in the email subject line “RBXDev Info”.
- Please note that Roblox Customer Care cannot tell you the status of your application and they don't have the ability to send you an invite.
Completing the Application
- After logging into the Roblox Developer Forum for the first time, you can review your first notification in the upper right-hand corner of the screen:
- This notification contains important introductory information about the DevForum as well as a series of useful links.
- You can then navigate to the Public forum section on the DevForum
- After doing so, you can then navigate to this informational post about the DevForum application process.
- The application will consist of multiple pages of questions. Some questions are required while others are optional. When you have completed all required questions on a page, you can navigate to the next page by using the button at the bottom of the screen near a progress indicator that shows how much of the application you have completed at that point in time.
- Once you have completed the application, you will be presented with a screen similar to the following. Please note that if your application is selected, you will receive an email invitation to the community. But, if your application is not selected, you will receive an email explaining why within 2 months.
Member Access Levels
Different users may have different levels of access to the Roblox Developer Forum. To potentially gain more access to the DevForum, we encourage you to complete the DevForum Application and, if accepted, make positive contributions to the community.
Member access levels are as follows:
- Visitor - This is the access level for new DevForum users who have not yet completed the DevForum application, and/or did not yet have their DevForum application selected.
- New Member - This is the access level for people whose applications were selected. They have limited access to viewing, posting and creating topics.
- Member - This is the access level for users who actively participate in the Developer Forum and consistently make positive contributions.