Roblox: Ready Player One Adventure
Thank you for being a part of Roblox! We’re excited to invite you to take part in the Roblox: Ready Player One Adventure (“Promotion”).
- Sponsor and Administrator. The Promotion is sponsored and administered by Roblox, Inc. (“we,” “our,” or “us”), One Franklin Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94403. All inquiries related to the Promotion should be directed to us at the foregoing address.
- Entry Conditions. The Promotion is open only to Roblox registered users. There is no charge to register as a user. Our employees and independent contractors hired by us, and their immediate family members (whether or not living in the same household) and persons living in the same household are not eligible to participate.
- Entry Period/Entry Method.
- Entry Period. The Promotion will run from 11:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 12, 2018 to 6:59:59 PM PT on April 11, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). You will only be able to enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period. We will determine time of entry in our sole discretion.
- Entry Method.
To enter the Promotion:
- Follow the below steps:
- Find virtual keys (“Keys”) hidden in Roblox games.
- Three Keys, Copper Key, Jade Key and Crystal Key, will be hidden in different games on Roblox platform. During the Promotion Period we will release solvable clues (“Clues”) as to which game you need to play and what you need to achieve in the particular game to find each Key (“Mission”).
- Find virtual keys (“Keys”) hidden in Roblox games.
- You must find the Keys in the following order: (1) Copper Key, (2) Jade Key, (3) Crystal Key. In other words, you cannot get the Jade Key if you have not previously found the Copper Key.
- During the Promotion Period Roblox may, in its sole discretion, release one or more additional Clues (“Additional Clues”) or otherwise decrease the difficulty of the Mission.
- During the Promotion Period, Roblox’s website will feature the leaderboard that will display the usernames of users who are the first to find each of the Keys.
- After finding all three Keys, you will need to complete the final in-game mission (“Final Mission”).
- The first person to complete the Final Mission will be considered the winner of the Promotion (“Grand Prize Winner”).
- Follow the below steps:
- Prize. During the Promotion Period various virtual prizes (“Virtual Prizes” or “Prizes”) will be awarded to participants (each, a “Winner”) who complete the following tasks (“Tasks”):
- the first person to find the Copper, Jade and/or Crystal Key will receive two virtual items: a golden crown and a silver crown;
- any person who subsequently finds the Copper, Jade or Crystal Key will receive one virtual item: silver crown or bronze crown. Roblox, based among other criteria on the number of Additional Clues released, will decide in its sole discretion whether the player will receive a silver or bronze crown.
- the first person to complete the Final Mission will earn the grand prize – a golden dominus.
- everyone else who completes the Final Mission will receive a set of wings.
- any and/or all of the Virtual Prizes may be awarded after we verify that the participant who completed the Task complied with the Promotion Terms and General Terms.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each of the Virtual Prizes is $0.00. The Virtual Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute if a Prize is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the Prizes represent our good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. We make no representation or warranty concerning the appearance or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply.
- General Conditions. Each entrant agrees that: a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the State of California; each entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of California, for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the Virtual Prize and the Virtual Prize may be awarded to the person who subsequently complete the Task.
- Release of Liability. By acceptance of the Virtual Prize, you agree that we, and our respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensors, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of the foregoing’s respective officers, directors and employees (together, the “Promotion Entities”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner (and parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor), against, any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this Promotion, or participating in any Promotion-related activity. The Promotion Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the Virtual Prize.
- Conduct. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to disqualify any individual we believe to be tampering with the entry process or the operations of the Promotion or the Roblox website; to be acting in violation of the Promotion Terms and General Terms; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Conditions of Participation. By participating in this Promotion you agree to abide by these Promotion Terms and any decision we make regarding this Promotion, which we shall make in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to disqualify and take any action permitted by law against any participant or winner who, in our reasonable suspicion, tampers with our sites, the entry process, violates these Promotion Terms, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Furthermore, Roblox may in its sole discretion disqualify any participant or Winner who, in Roblox believe, before, during or after the Promotion Period violated General Terms and any rules incorporated thereof.
- Limitation of Liability. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Promotion. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, then we reserve the right in our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In such event, we may, in our sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Promotion, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder which is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide us with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to our satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner’s List. Individuals may request the name of the Winners by submitting a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to May 31, 2018 to Roblox: Ready Player One Adventure Winner’s List Request, One Franklin Parkway, bldg. 910, San Mateo, CA 94403. Vermont residents may omit postage.