There may be some situations in which a Roblox employee requests client logs through a Customer Care email or DevForum post to help investigate an issue. This article describes how to retrieve those logs.
Note: Please only send these logs when requested to do so by a Roblox employee!
How to Retrieve Roblox logs
Roblox Player and Roblox Studio Logs are both written to the same folder.
- On PC, press the WINDOWS KEY and R at the same time. A box called Run will appear. Copy and paste or type in the following without quotes:
For Win32: "%localappdata%\Roblox\logs"
For UWP: “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\ROBLOXCorporation.ROBLOX_55nm5eh3cm0pr\LocalState\logs”
- On Mac, navigate to Macintosh HD > Users > [your user profile] > Library > Logs > Roblox
We currently do not have an easy way for you to upload Android or iOS logs. Sorry, we’re working on it!
There will likely be many log files in this folder
Roblox logs will look like: “0.<major ver>.<minor ver>.<revision>_<date>_Player_<garbage>_last.log
For example 0.555.1.5550874_20221214T162601Z_Player_9aaf3_last.log
Roblox Studio logs will look the same except says “Studio” instead of “Player
For example 0.555.1.5550874_20221214T162601Z_Studio_9aaf3_last.log
Bootstrapper logs will look like bootstrapper_<garbage>_1.txt
Unless the issue is happening when launching Roblox or RobloxStudio from your web browser, or during update, you most likely do not need to send bootstrapper logs.
To identify the correct log file to send you can either
- Use the file timestamps to determine which log file corresponds to the incident you want to report
- Delete all files in this directory, reproduce the issue you wish to report, and then send all contents in this folder
- If you’re confused, you can just sort by date and send the most recent 10 files.
Including log files when reporting bugs
When reporting bugs on the Roblox Developer Forum, you will have the option to upload the log file together with your bug report. If you need to upload logs after making the initial bug report, send a DM to the bug-files group, include a link to the original bug report post, and tag any relevant Roblox employees:
Only upload logs by sending to the bug-files group and only do so if a Roblox Employee asks you to. To identify a Roblox Employee on Dev Forum, make sure it says “Roblox Staff” next to their account name:
Please see How to Post a Bug Report for more detailed instructions!