Age Verification is a new feature that is currently in testing on Roblox, and will be available to all users in the future. Age Verification will allow users to access innovative social capabilities and age-appropriate content while also ensuring the safety of our community.
How to verify your Age ID
Note: In order to verify your age, you must be at least 13 years of age with a government-issued photo ID (This can be a driver’s license, passport, residency card, or any other government-issued identification document with your picture on it)
- Login to your account
- Go to Settings (the gear icon located at the upper-right corner of the site
- Select the Account Info tab
- Underneath your birthday, click the button that says Verify My Age
- A popup will appear and on your desktop computer, you will see a QR code. Scan this QR code with your mobile device.
- You’ll be directed to “roblox.com/verify” and prompted to begin the age verification flow.
- Click on the Start Session option and follow the instructions as indicated, allowing camera access
- Scan your ID document. Roblox will intelligently detect what type of document you have. If there is a barcode on the back, scan and capture an image of the back of your ID.
- You will be asked to capture a selfie. This selfie will be used to ensure that you are the same person as the one on your photo ID.
- Navigate back to your original Roblox session. You will see real-time status updates there. Once verification is complete, you will see a pass or failed result. This can take a few minutes.
Please read the Age ID FAQs for any additional information.