Age Verification is a new feature that is currently in testing on Roblox. Age Verification will allow users to access innovative social capabilities and age-appropriate content such as experiences for people 17 and up while also ensuring the safety of our community.
How to verify your Age ID
Note: In order to verify your age, you must be at least 13 years of age with a government-issued photo ID (This can be a driver’s license, passport, residency card, or any other government-issued identification document with your picture on it).
- Login to your account
- Go to Settings (the gear icon located at the upper-right corner of the site)
- Select the Account Info tab
- Underneath your birthday, click the button that says Verify My Age
- A popup will appear and on your desktop computer, you will see a QR code. Scan this QR code with your mobile device.
- You’ll be directed and prompted to begin the age verification flow.
- Click on the Start Session option and follow the instructions as indicated, allowing camera access
- Scan your ID document. Roblox will intelligently detect what type of document you have. If there is a barcode on the back, scan and capture an image of the back of your ID.
- You will be asked to capture a selfie. This selfie will be used to ensure that you are the same person as the one on your photo ID.
- Navigate back to your original Roblox session. You will see real-time status updates there. Once verification is complete, you will see a pass or failed result. This can take a few minutes.
Please read the Age ID FAQs for any additional information.