This setting in the Parental Controls tab limits the amount of spending permitted on the under 13-year-old user’s account in all the countries except South Korea where it applies to under 18-year-old user's account per calendar month. It gives parents/guardians increased control and visibility over their child’s spending.
Note: Spend settings controls and future changes will require both a parental/guardian email and a parent PIN on the user account for increased security.
How do I enable this feature?
- Log into the account
If you don't remember your password, you will need to reset it by following the info in I Forgot My Password.
- Click the gear-icon located at the upper-right corner of the site
- Select the Settings option indicated by the gear icon
- Select Parental Controls option
- Toggle the Monthly Spend Restriction option to On
- Default input is 0 when the toggle is on
- Input the desired monthly limit
Note: Default platform spending restrictions will apply when this setting is turned off.
What happens when the limit is reached?
When the user reaches the monthly spend restrictions, they will see a popup message and will not be able to continue making purchases that month.
Please read the Monthly Spend Restrictions FAQs for any additional information.