Why are you receiving this notice?
This biometric privacy notice explains how Roblox collects, uses, shares, retains, and destroys (collectively, “processes”) your Biometric Data when you use our services. “Biometric Data” includes: (i) “Biometric Identifiers,” which are data generated by measurements of your biological characteristics, such as your retina or iris scan, fingerprint, voiceprint, or a scan of your hand or face geometry; and (ii) “Biometric Information,” which is information based on a Biometric Identifier that can be used to identify you.
Please review this notice carefully. By using the Roblox identity verification process, you consent to the collection, use, sharing, and retention of your Biometric Data as described in this notice.
What type of Biometric Data do we process?
- Face geometry.
How do we process it?
- We use a service provider, Veriff, to assist with our identity and age verification process.
- To confirm your identity, Veriff will capture a photo of your ID and a selfie. Veriff then compares the face geometry extracted from your ID and selfie, as well as the date of birth from your ID, to securely verify your age and identity.
- Limited Roblox personnel may access the photo of your ID and selfie stored by Veriff for compliance purposes.
How long do we retain your Biometric Data?
- Roblox does not receive a copy of, or have access to, your Biometric Data.
- Our service provider, Veriff, deletes your Biometric Data within 90 days after collection, unless required by law (such as a warrant or subpoena) to keep your Biometric Data for a longer period.
What happens to your Biometric Data at the end of the retention period?
- Our service provider, Veriff, permanently erases your Biometric Data at the end of the retention period described above such that it cannot be recovered or reconstructed.
Additional Privacy Disclosures and Your Rights
Last Updated: December 13, 2021