- Changing a group’s name costs 100 Robux paid by the group owner's Robux
- The owner of the group must have a verified email address on their Roblox account
- Ownership of the group has not changed within the last 90 days
- The group name has not changed within the last 90 days
- The desired group name is not already in use.
How to change a Group Name?
- Navigate to the group whose name you'd like to change.
- Click the three dots menu to the right of the group name and click Configure Group.
- Navigate to the Information section.
- Click on the edit button to the right of the group name.
- Enter the new group name.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the Checkbox.
- If you do not want to change the name, click Cancel or the X in the upper right.
- Click on icon to change the Group Name.
Past Group Name
Via a browser
View by hovering over the Previous Group Names text on the group details page or under the current name in search results.
Via the app
View by tapping the Previous Group Names text on the group details page or under the current name in search results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How often can a group owner change the group name?
Answer: There is a 90 day period required between group name changes.
Question: My new Group Name got moderated can I change it before 90 days?
Answer: 90 days restriction doesn't apply if the new name of the Group gets moderated. Users can change it by following the above steps.
Question: How will group members be notified of the new group name?
Answer: Each member of the group will receive a message informing them of the name change.