Here at Roblox we encourage all of our users to help us maintain an environment that is both safe and fun for everyone. However, we know that sometimes players may not follow all of the Roblox Community Rules. While it is definitely good to report any rule violations to our moderators, sometimes you may wish to keep certain users from being able to talk to you at all. This can be accomplished by blocking them.
For information on how to report another user or content breaking the rules, please read the Reporting Abuse help article.
Blocking another user
To block another user on the website or mobile app:
- Visit the user's profile page
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the box containing their username and friends/followers information
- A menu will pop up, where you can select the option to Block User
Blocking users in-game
To block another user from inside a game follow the steps below:
- Find the user inside of the leaderboard/player list on the upper-right of the game screen. It will look like this:
- If this list is not visible, it is likely just closed. To reopen it, click your username in the upper-right corner.
- Once you have found the name of the user you wish to block inside of the leaderboard, click on it and a menu will open up.
- Select Block User. You can also choose to Unblock them or Report Abuse directly from this menu as well.
Once you have blocked the user, the icon to the left of their name will turn into a circle with a line through it to indicate they have been blocked.
Privacy and contact settings
Roblox also offers a variety of Privacy Settings to limit certain forms of communication and actions to particular groups of people, such as only your friends or followers. For more information on these features, click here.