The following article will suggest a few methods that have proven effective at fixing the following issues:
- The website is displaying incorrectly
- Some pages are not loading at all or displaying an error when loading
- Buttons or links are not allowing you to click them
- You try to log into the Roblox website but can't despite having the correct username and password
- Other: If you're experiencing a different issue with the website, the steps below may also help to resolve it. Additionally some non-website related articles may link here for some steps
What to Do:
Please try each step below, one at a time, in order. If one solution doesn't work, move on to the next!
1.) Clear Your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
The following links will help you to remove the temporary internet files (also referred to as "cache") and cookies for the major PC web browsers. Please be sure to do this for Internet Explorer as well as any other browser you wish to launch Roblox from.
- Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files (From Microsoft.com)
- Internet Explorer - Cookies (From Microsoft.com)
- Mozilla Firefox - Temporary Internet Files (From Mozilla.com)
- Mozilla Firefox - Cookies (From Mozilla.com)
- Google Chrome - Both (From Google.com)
- Microsoft Edge - Both (From Microsoft.com)
- Other browsers: If you are using a different browser or an older version of a browser, please google search for information about how to delete its cache/browser data/temporary internet files for your specific browser/version.
Once you have completed the above for all relevant web browsers, please restart your computer and see if your issue has resolved.
If you would like to delete your Internet Explorer/Windows Temporary Internet Files manually, you may do this by going directly to the Temporary Internet Files folder on your hard drive. The location and folder name depends on the version of Windows and whether or not you are using user profiles.
Please note that you may need to change the settings of Windows Explorer to show all kinds of files (including the protected system files) in order to access these folders.
For Windows 10
If you have Windows 10, then Temporary Internet Files are in the following location(note that on your PC they can be on other drive instead of drive C):
For Windows 8, 7 and Windows Vista:
If you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista then Temporary Internet Files are in these locations (note that they can be on another drive instead of drive C):
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\
For Windows XP:
If you have Windows XP then Temporary Internet Files are in this location:
- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
Note: that on your PC they can be on other drive instead of drive C.
If you have only one user account on Windows XP then replace <username> with Administrator to get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder.
2.) Disable Your Web Browser's Add-Ons
Many times website related problems are the result of third party Add-Ons for your web browser. These may also be referred to as "Extensions" or "Plugins" depending on your browser of choice. To see if this is the case for you, try disabling all of your Add-Ons. If the issue resolves, try re-enabling them one at a time until your issue starts occurring again. Once the problem starts back up, you should have found the one that is incompatible with Roblox.
The following links can help you with the most popular PC web browsers:
- Firefox (From Mozilla.com)
- Internet Explorer (From Microsoft.com)
- Chrome (From Google.com)
- Other browsers: If you are using a different browser or an older version of a browser, please google search for information about how to disable its Extensions/Plugins/Add-Ons for your specific browser/version.
3.) Reset Internet Options for Windows
We have found that many Roblox, Website and Roblox Studio issues can be solved by resetting your computer's Internet Options. Please keep in mind that these steps will need to use Internet Explorer even if you typically use a different web browser. After these steps have been attempted, you can go back to using whichever browser you prefer. Please try the following :
- Open Internet Explorer (specifically this web browser)
- Open the gear icon > Internet options
- Open the Advanced tab
- Click the reset button
After resetting, please close the Internet Explorer to allow the changes to take effect. After this has been completed, you should be able to go back to using your web browser of choice.
4.) Update Internet Explorer
Please try updating your Internet Explorer to the latest version. You can find that by clicking here. Even if you do not currently use IE as a browser, you will still need to make sure you have the most updated version on your Windows machine in order for Roblox to work properly.
For more information on technical related matters, please see the following links: