Losing an account can be scary. Don't worry—we're here to help! First, it's important to know how an account can get hacked to stop it from happening again in the future. You can read more about this by clicking here. Keeping an account safe rests in the player's hands!
Recovering your account
The next step is account recovery. Let's look at some steps to take for getting your account back on track.
- Off-site Downloads/Browser Extensions
If you've accidentally downloaded something from a bad site, this could allow your account to be hacked into. You'll need to get rid of this first before any password resets can be done. Run a full virus scan on your computer to remove harmful files and programs. Restart your computer and run the scan one more time to be safe.
Any extensions installed should be removed. Only use extensions from safe and verified websites.
- Reset Your Password
Change your account's password to something that is secure and isn't easy to guess. Check out this help article on how to change your password.
- Enable 2-Step Verification (2SV)
Please be sure to enable 2-Step Verification as an added security measure for your account. This feature can be found by going to Settings > Security. For more information, please see our FAQ article with all the details of this great security feature.
If resetting your password doesn't work
If resetting doesn't work and you need help getting back into your account, please contact Customer Service.
- We need to make sure we're talking to the original account owner. The best way is for users and parents to contact us from the first email address added to the account or from the billing email address that was used for the very first payment made on the account.
- Even if your account is compromised and the email is changed, we can still see the original owner and/or billing email on the account
- If your account did not have an email address or a credit card/PayPal purchase, we can still work with you to try to verify ownership and return the account.
If you lost items or currency on your account
Compromised accounts are eligible for a one-time restoration of items and/or currency lost or their approximate value. Please note that Roblox does not have a feature that allows us to revert an individual account to a previous state, but we still work to restore what we can to the best of our ability. For more information and to get the process started, please contact Customer Service.
Note: We require notification within 14 days of the account being compromised. Unfortunately, if we are not notified within this time, we are not typically able to issue a restore.
Trades, deals, and scams
Roblox does not support and cannot enforce or restore for players making deals for items, currency, etc outside of our official systems. You should never make a trade or purchase an item because someone else promises you something in return. You can read more about this in this help article.
Stay safe and secure! If something sounds too good to be true, don't risk it. You are the best defense against your account being compromised.